Troy and I were in Arizona when I read my email from our caseworker telling us that we were scheduled to pick up our little boy May 10. I can't tell you how excited Troy and I were. We had an amazing weekend just the two of us and then to get the news the day we were going back home was the icing on the cake.
On the plane home from Phoenix I had to hold back so many emotions. I did not burst into tears like I wanted to. I thought that might freak out the man next to me. But I had my own worship session in my heart almost the whole way home to Bismarck. Just hours before we found out the news my bible study that morning was on "fixing your eyes on Jesus." I'm telling you that if I hadn't had my eyes fixed on Jesus this past week I might have had a nervous breakdown. I just love that about God- when you spend time with Him he prepares you for what you need. Every time I was tempted to freak out over something I had to remind myself to fix my eyes on Jesus and trust that he is in control of every part of this adoption. There are so many emotions I'm dealing with right now. The excitement of meeting my son for the first time, the sadness of being separated from my daughters and Troy for a month after they leave Bogota, letting go of my need for organization (I simply don't have time to get everything in order like I would want to), the stress of our FBI criminal background checks not processed in time for us to travel, etc, etc! But God is completely in control and I have my eyes fixed on Him.
One week from right now I will have my little boy. Our family will be forever changed.

Kree will be praying for strength for you and a peace and resting in God that all the details fall in place. Will pray for a smooth transition bringing this little guy into your family and expanding your family and watching your hearts grow loving another member. I am excited for you and can't wait to see how God is gonna see you guys doing this turning into a wonderful ministry as well as the Maxwells with the two little boys they are adopting. God Bless you for giving this little boy a family and love he most likely would not have had in an orphanage or somewhere. God will bless you and be there every step of the way.
ReplyDelete